Wednesday, August 19, 2009

One down, a bunch more to go.....








So me and Jord have officially been married for a year now!! Freakin crazy huh? We celebrated our first anniversary this weekend. What we hoped to be a reunion vacation to Mexico for our first anniversary, turned into a weekend at the Little America in SLC (That's what happens when you build a house, ha ha ha) But regardless, we had a blast!! We spent the weekend relaxing- movies, pool, hot tub, massages....it was great! Because we spent all our money on the house, we decided to do things a little smaller this year. Jord somehow still makes things so nice, he got me a bunch of hot pink roses (my fave) and got me a way cute Nixon watch that I've been wanting forever....but this is the best part...(I hope he doesn't get on and read this he'll be so embarrassed!) Anyway, you know those little coupon books we all made for our moms for mothers day when we were little? Like the ones that had coupons in it of jobs we'd do around the house for her and what not? Well Jord made me a coupon book and it was my favorite present! There were things in it like "Good for one breakfast in bed," "Good for one foot massage," "Good for one night of me making dinner AND doing dishes," "Good for Coldstone once a week for four weeks," and all kinds of other cute funny things! It made me laugh, but it has proved to come in handy the last few days! Jordan is a sweetie! Jordan has been wanting some new sunglasses for a while now...and since I couldn't really think of anything cute or meaningful, I just bought him a hot new pair of Oakleys, got him a funny card since he would appreciate that more than a nice one(it said, "happy anniversary, to the one who's seem me on the toilet and loves me anyway!") and gave him a good massage! We ate the top of our cake (it was actually delicious, not disgusting like everyone else always says) We went to the Little America Steakhouse for dinner and I had BY FAR the most amazing steak ever. I'm rambling now....but it was a great weekend, it's been a great year, and I can't wait for the years to come!

3 comments:

Sam and Lacey said...

YOur house is freaking adorable. Congrats! First time home buying is the best. I can't believe a year has gone by. WOW

Denisha Oldroyd said...

Hey Kate, congrats on one year! Time sure does fly, doesn't it!? And I LOVE your new house, it is beautiful!

The Mills said...

Kate! I love the blog! What a great anniversary idea, you and Jord are so cute, I can't beleive it has been a year wow! Thats great your cake was yummy, ours was very gross....