Saturday, August 8, 2009

Boys Trip to Alaska!!!






For the last two weeks, Jord has been in Alaska with my dad and brothers. The first week I was really lonely, and kinda scared to be at home alone in our new house, but the second week I took off with my mom to Vegas for a shopping trip. Both Jordan and I got home yesterday, it was a nice reunion! Here are some highlights from Jord's trip.....He saw a bunch of moose, and was a bit disappointed not to see a bear, however, was excited when they stumbled across some bear poop (you'll see that bears do NOT digest berries very good)! They figured between the four of them, they caught over 2000 pounds of fish- only bringing home about of fourth of that in filets in the eight coolers that they were allowed to check on the airplane! Jordan was pretty mad that my little brother Nic took his lucky fishing spot on the halibut charter they took out, when he reeled in the two biggest fish of the trip. Jordan said halibut fishing was the funnest day. Nic may have been the best with the halibut, but Jord was King of the Kenai River!! Jordan caught the most salmon and the prettiest (and hopefully tastiest) fish of the trip. Although it was a vacation...as always Jord's workaholic personality always comes out somewhere. While they were there, he split a bunch of wood, built a smokehouse to smoke fish in, and finished a shower in one of my dad's buddies cabin. All in all, I'm convinced they had an amazing trip!!

1 comment:

Brett and Lex said...

Looks like some fun in good ol' AK!! You'll be eating fish for a while!