Thursday, May 31, 2012

Hawaii: Take 3!

Yeah Yeah Yeah, I know I'm horrible at updating my blog. Last time I posted I was in Hawaii, and I haven't posted since. So I figured I will start trying to update this, and I will start by posting about all the fun we had while we were in Hawaii in March! We worked hard on the beach house for the first four days, laying tile, doing some drywall and stucco patches, refinishing a wood door, etc., and then the last 5 days we played!! Sooooo this trip was a little bit different for me- I was 16 weeks pregnant and not quite over the morning sickness yet, plus I felt like I was being babysat by my husband and friends (all out of love, I know I know.)  "Kate you can't do that! You are pregnant!" was something being said about a million times a day! They tried to talk me out of boogy boarding, jumping off the rock at Waimea, and horseback riding on the beach. The only one they were successful at keeping me off of was the rock at Waimea, although after getting bucked off my crazy horse on the beach, I think I will think twice about doing that again next time I'm pregnant! Here are some highlights of the trip:

- Soaking up rays on all the pretty beaches
-Seeing more big sea turtles than I have EVER seen in Hawaii. Turtle beach and Hukilau beach were covered with them!
-Riding horses on the beach (before I got thrown off)
-Shopping in Honolulu and seeing the St. Patty's day parade
-Watching the boys get PUMMELED in the waves at Waimea Bay
-Eating at Kua'aina burger, Ted's bakery, Kahuku Grill, and Haleiwa Joe's
-BEACH, BEACH, and more BEACH!

Here are some pics of the trip, just keep in mind I'm 16 weeks pregnant and looking chubby in them!
 Hukilau Beach, off our back deck-beautiful!
 I took this pic on my phone, the water at sunset beach was SOOO blue that day!
 Riding "The Bus" back to Laie from Haleiwa
 Me and my man at Waimea Bay
 Me, Chan, and Shelly at Waimea Bay
 Jordan and Brennen after getting rolled in the waves!
 Us, Todd's, and Peterson's
 The whole WORK crew
 Ted's Bakery
Riding on the beach (right before I got thrown off)

No comments: