Thursday, May 31, 2012

26 weeks and counting....

Well it's been a long time since I have posted much about my pregnancy, so here goes! I started feeling a little bit better while I was in Hawaii, but the nausea didn't completely go away until I was about 18 weeks along. 18 weeks was a big one for me, that's also when I started feeling my little guy move around. It began as flutters, but now he's got some full-blown kicks going on! He is a super active little thing. I like to make everyone feel my belly when he's moving, I don't know why I just think it's really funny when he kicks and then they freak out. I am getting more and more excited about having a baby, but I am nervous about being a mom! Baby's room is coming along, it's going to be SOOOO cute, I will post some pics of it in the next little while when we get a few more things done. We are doing a Baseball/ Red Sox room. I feel like I am getting really big, but I'm not really too uncomfortable yet. Things like bending over and exercising are getting a little harder though! Well....I saw this little questionnaire on my friends blog so I stole it (thanks Cando) Here's a little more about my pregnancy at this point:

How far along?  26 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss: 12pounds.......EWWW!!
Maternity clothes? Motherhood actually has some cute stuff contrary to popular belief...also Old Navy and Gap have some cute stuff.
Stretch marks? Nothing yet....Cross your fingers and pray for the skin gods to bless me!
Sleep: OHH MY! I'm still so tired! I swear if i don't get ten hours a day I am dysfunctional!
Best moment this week: Got the crib up and the room is looking so cute! And my little dude is moving around like crazy, that's always fun!
Miss Anything? My body!!! Let's hope it goes back to normal after the babe! Also, wakeboarding and all the fun summer activities that I can't really do while pregnant!
Movement: He is going CRAZY!!!  It is a super weird feeling, but so cool! I love it!
Food cravings: I'm eating a lot better now, but after being sick for so long it's kind of hard to like food! I still have a lot of food aversions. Not really any cravings. I can't get enough shaved ice and mexican food, but it was that way before I was pregnant so who knows if it's really a craving.....?
Anything making you queasy or sick:  Chinese. Or too much grease, Some gross while working at the hospital that I wont mention :)
Labor Signs: nope.
Belly Button in or out? Still very IN, but the deep dark hole is getting shallower :)
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy when I feel good, ornery when I'm uncomfortable or sick!
Looking forward to: Finishing babys room, baby showers, and seeing what this little nugget looks like!
 
Here are a couple belly pics....The one of me in the turquoise shirt was actually taken a few weeks ago when we got some family pictures done, and our cute photographer wanted to take a couple maternity pics of me, but I wasn't showing much at that point so she just told me to puff my stomach out as much as I can...Well it worked, I look HUGE in that pic. The other pic is one I took today at 26 1/2 weeks, and is what my belly really looks like :)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the turquoise shirt picture is GORGEOUS! No one has to know you were puffing out. ;) And 12 pounds is nothing. Aren't women supposed to gain an average of 20-25? Maybe I'm crazy...anyway, you look great! Can't wait to hear more! Loves!

Kayla said...

So cute!! I cant wait to see pictures of the nursery! So fun Kate!! I love your belly pictures!