Friday, April 23, 2010

Are dogs like kids??











So when we added our little Jersey Bug to the fam, everyone that saw her would tell us, "that dog is going to prepare you to have kids you know!" and me and Jord were like yeah right...a dog is a dog and a kid is a kid! Well the more funny little things Jersey does, she reminds me of my little niece Avery and i'm like HOLY CRAP! Dogs really ARE kinda like kids! I was loading the dishes the other night and all of a sudden I go to put a plate in the dishwasher and Jersey is right there standing on the door of the dishwasher licking the plates. Normally when she does stuff like that I just tell her "NO!" and make her stop whatever she is doing. But I was laughing so hard I couldn't yell at her, and Jord got the camera out and started taking pics. One of the reason's I started laughing so hard is because Jord's sister Lindsey had a post a few months ago of our little neice Avery getting into the dishwasher and the comparison of the two is hilarious. So I stole a pic of my sis-in-laws blog....see if you can see the resemblence between the two little trouble makers! Now I'm not saying that there is any REAL comparison between dogs and kids (afterall that is why we don't have kids yet!) but I do have to admit there are a few little things and responsibilities with a dog that might begin to prepare you in the slightest way for kids. But I can barely handle my adorable puppy, so I think we'll hold off on the kids for a while!! Anyway, Jersey is getting big and getting lighter, so I'm going to post a few recent pics of her! She really is such a good pup, but if anyone has any potty training tips...I'd love to hear them. I'm convinced that I've heard and tried everything, but if someone's got something new then PLEASE hit me with it!!!

4 comments:

Questions and Grins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

Ha Ha! She's so cute I love it! We have a little dog too...I feel your pain! But she really is adorable!

karen said...

That is hilarious!!! I love it. Avery is adorable but so is Jersey.

Beagleys said...

Oh look Kate! You don't even need a kid! You have your dog!