Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Duckies!!


So....While all of you are blogging about your cute kids and the funny things they do, I suppose I will blog about the pets at the Van Ausdal family farm. So....a few weeks ago me and Jord were at CAL ranch and I was telling him how cute I thought the baby chicks and ducks were, then after we left the store I didn't think anything else of it. Then, last Saturday Jordan told me that he had to run and grab some stuff at CAL. Next thing I know he comes in the door carrying a little box with holes in it. I ask "Jordan.....what's in the box???" And he opens it up and is holding a little baby duck in each hand. He goes, "I knew you thought they were so cute so I thought I would surprise you with some!!" Can you imagine what is going through my mind? LOL. Just because I think something is cute does not mean that I wanted it as my pet- oh well, my husband is just too cute and tries so hard! Anyway, we now have two baby duckies living in our garage! We have a yellow one and a black one. I got to name the yellow one (Peeps) and Jord got to name the black one (Howard) of course he would pick something weird like that. He likes to call it Howard the Mallard. Jersey is so funny with them, she herds them around like they are her little buddies. She is never mean to them, just plays with them all the time and it's hilarious to watch! If you have any kiddo's that are bored feel free to send them over to the Van Ausdal's petting zoo. We are free of charge and a guaranteed good time. HAHA!


1 comment:

Robbie and Ashlee said...

lol, I love this Kate! That really was sweet of him. And they are darling!