Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Close Call...







So I was on my way home from work Tuesday morning at about 6:00 a.m. (I work graveyards) and I was only about a mile away from home when a car ran a stop sign going about 45 MPH and struck me right on the drivers side of my car. I had been on the phone with Jordan because he always talks to me on my way home from work so I dont fall asleep. He said he heard me scream, then a big boom, then my phone call hung up. I don't remember it very clearly but long story short, Jordan came to the scene and was probably more freaked out than I was. (I don't blame him after seeing the sight of my poor car) Then the ambulance came and hauled me off to the ER. After doing a few X-rays and picking glass out from between my toes, they let me go with ONLY a few cuts and bruises, and some pills to help with the soreness! It was a close call and I can tell you right now that I am grateful for seatbelts and airbags! Oh, and also for a wonderful husband who has been pampering me and waiting on me hand and foot all week. He's such a sweetheart!

2 comments:

Sam and Lacey said...

Kate it is so good to see you are on the blogging train. I am so sorry about the car accident. I am glad that you are okay. Thank goodness you were wearing your seatbelt. It looks like you guys are doing good. Keep in touch

Denisha Oldroyd said...

Wow Kate! That's quite a little ding! Glad to hear you made it out okay though! You and your husband are so cute together!